May 09, 2018
Enjoy These Dog Adventures from Your Pet Friendly Hotels in Saskatoon
Many of us who either travel for work or leisure hate leaving our best friend in the kennel with strangers when we hit the road. However, those dog days don’t have to be over when you book with the kind of pet friendly hotels in Saskatoon that are close to all the amenities your pet will love.
Here we look at some of the things you can do with your pet, as well as other pet-friendly events and adventures offered when you stay at the Comfort Suites’ hotel in Saskatoon.
A Walk in the Woods
You don’t have to look that far for you and your pet to get some exercise from dog friendly hotels in Saskatoon. The city offers many parks with walking and hiking trails including:
- Meewasin Valley Trail, located on both banks of the South Saskatchewan River downtown. A beautiful place to bring your dog on-leash, you and your pet can explore the area’s natural habitat while walking, running or even by canoe.
- Cosmopolitan Park/Lookout, just south of the University of Saskatchewan, is a popular dog-walking park (on leash) with an upper and lower trail. It offers great birdwatching and sightseeing, with benches and viewpoints looking over the South Saskatchewan River.
- Cranberry Flats Conservation Area, south of the city, offers both dog-friendly walking trails and sandy beaches. Dogs must be leashed.
Run, Fido, Run
There are a number of off-leash dog parks and recreation areas located within a short driving distance of the Comfort Suites Saskatoon.
- Silverwood (northeast of Silverwood Golf Course)
- Hampton Village (just west of the Comfort Suites and hotels, close to Saskatoon’s airport)
- Sutherland Beach (on the south side of the South Saskatchewan River off the Trans Canada Highway)
- Avalon (south end of Broadway Avenue at Glasgow St.
A Friendly Event near Saskatoon Dog Friendly Hotels
Saskatoon is known as a pet friendly city, and that is no more apparent than with one of its popular summer events, Saskatoon Pets in Parks. This year, the event takes place Sunday, July 8 at Kiwanis Memorial Park North, which is a quick drive south along Louis Riel Trail from Saskatoon hotels such as the Comfort Suites.
People and their pets can enjoy live music, vendor booths, obedience demonstrations, and more. All on-leash pets are welcome and all proceeds go to local animal welfare agencies.
Are you looking for the best hotel rooms in Saskatoon that cater to your furry family members? Read our blog on 4 Things to Look for in Saskatoon’s Pet Friendly Hotels.The Comfort Suites offers the best Saskatoon accommodations for those travelling with their pets. All those who book into our pet friendly hotel suites in Saskatoon receive a doggie bag with treats, waste bags, a guide to local dog parks, and more.