Nov 30, 2018
Plan Your Trip: December Events To Check Out from Your Saskatoon Hotel
From sparkling lights, carols singers performing on high, and lords and lasses a leaping, Saskatoon is the place to be in December and over the holiday season.
Check out these events from the Comfort Suites Saskatoon hotel, ranging from concerts, theatre and dance to craft fairs, markets and more. Take in a show, do some shopping, and don’t forget to bring your ice skates, as there are a number of outdoor rinks in town.
There is no shortage of shows happening around Saskatoon’s various venues in December. Tourism Saskatoon has a list of live music, dance, and theatrical events as long as your arm, and leg. And as a bonus, when you stay at hotels near SaskTel Centre, you don’t have worry about driving in the snow.
Some of the top-billed performances include:
- Nova Scotia’s the Barra MacNeils Christmas show at the Broadway Theatre, Dec. 1.
- Fiddler on the Roof, presentation of the famed musical at the Remai Arts Centre, Nov. 28 to Dec. 12.
- Rock band Three Days Grace at SaskTel Centre Dec. 6.
- The Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra’s (SSO) 12 Days of Christmas variety show, Dec. 12 at TCU Place.
- Boney M, famed for hits Feliz Navidad, Rasputin, Mary’s Boy Child and more feat. Liz Mitchell at TCU Place, Dec. 10 and 15.
- Cirque Musica Holiday’s presentation of Wonderland, blending music, dance and cirque theatre arts, Dec. 17 at SaskTel Centre.
Shop til you Drop
Book into one of the top hotels in Saskatoon and get your Christmas shopping done early. There are a number of markets, fairs, and shopping centres open for business, gift wrapping included.
Check out these events:
- SunDog Arts and Entertainment Faire, featuring 200 artisans and specialty food producers, plus food court, live entertainment and more, at SaskTel Centre, Nov. 30-Dec. 2.
- Flock and Gather’s Winter Wonders Handmade Market, Dec. 7 and 8 at St. Joseph’s Parish Hall on Broadway.
- St. Mary’s Christmas Market Dec. 2, 8 and 15 at St. Mary’s Parish Hall on 20th Street West.
- Thursday Night Art Market, Dec. 13 and 20 at Market Square downtown.
- Etsy SK’s Holiday Market, Dec 15 at Station 20 West Community Enterprise Centre.
See Saskatoon’s Most Awesome Light Display
Saskatoon residents are not shy about going all Griswold when it comes to Christmas light displays. Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the BHP Enchanted Forest Holiday Light Tour at Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park is not to be missed. Visitors can drive through the park to see 75 custom light displays from Nov. 17 to Jan. 4. Drive thru-hours are at 5:30 p.m. every evening, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Warm up afterwards back in your hotel suite in Saskatoon and treat the kids to one of the best Saskatoon waterslides in our heated indoor pool.
Travelling to Saskatoon on business or a holiday? Read our blog: Bundle Up! Hotel in Saskatoon Fall Travel Tips.
Looking at where to stay in Saskatoon? Look no further than the Comfort Suites, located just steps away from SaskTel Centre and a short drive from Saskatoon International Airport. Enjoy all the amenities in our all-suite hotel with well-appointed rooms, 24-hour fitness centre, indoor pool with waterslide and hot tub, and complimentary hot breakfast buffet.