Mar 20, 2019
Springtime on Four Legs: Things to Do From Pet-Friendly Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatonians usually come out of hibernation from long and cold winters in April. It’s a time for long walks and sitting outside on the patio soaking up the rays. It’s also a great time to visit the city with your four-legged family member. Why not pack your doggy’s bag and book a night or three in one of the best pet-friendly hotels in Saskatoon and check out these #petfriendlyyxe recommended events, shops and parks.
Look for Pet-Friendly Saskatoon Accommodations
Travelling with your pet is not as daunting as one might think, thanks to Saskatoon dog friendly hotels, where cats are welcome too! Most hotels require you to register your pet and place them in a carrier when you are not in the room with them. Listed on TripAdvisor as one of the top 10 pet-friendly Saskatoon hotels, the Comfort Suites provides pet owners with a specialty gift bag upon registration. It includes:
- Waste bags
- Guide to local dog parks
- And more
Wag Your Tail to These Parks
Need to stretch your dog’s legs after a long day of travel? Why not go for a walk at one of the off-leash dog parks located a short distance away from Saskatoon airport hotels such as the Comfort Suites. In fact, one of them, Hampton Village, is located right next to Saskatoon International Airport (YXE), north on Range Road 3060.
A valid dog license is required to access any dog park in Saskatoon and owners should ensure their dog has up-to-date vaccinations prior to visiting.
Go Shopping with your Pet
Looking to go shopping, but don’t feel comfortable leaving your dog in your hotel suite? Saskatoon has a number of #petfriendlyyxe businesses, where pets are welcome. Some of them include:
- Wilson’s Lifestyle Centre, a greenhouse and garden centre that offers everything from plants to home décor. Dogs, cats, even bunnies are welcome, as long as they are on a leash or in a carrier.
- Fandango Lights & Decor, a Fido-friendly establishment (leashed pets only) offering home décor, lighting and artwork.
- Early’s Farm and Garden Centre. This 111-year-old farm and garden store welcomes all pets and even offers them a treat.
- Anthology Home Collection, offering home décor, furnishings and fresh flowers. Dogs welcome inside on a leash.
- Hazlewood Clothing Company, a vintage clothing, footwear, accessory and apothecary store, with pets welcome on a leash.
Chew a Bone, Sip a Pint
If you’re a foodie, you’ll love this Tourism Saskatoon recommended pet, family and food-friendly event. The fifth annual Foodtruck Wars Street Festival, July 26-28, offers more than 25 food trucks, food trailers and food as well as performances, street market vendors, food-eating and taste-testing competitions, a beer garden, and more.
Get ready for the warm weather by enjoying even more Dog Adventures from Pet-Friendly Hotels in Saskatoon.Looking for where to stay in Saskatoon? The Comfort Suites offers pet-friendly accommodations near Saskatoon airport, dog friendly parks and shopping. Guests can also enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and Saskatoon hotel with hot tub, pool, fitness centre and more.